PSr1 2019 Design-Build Competition
Public space is rapidly disappearing from the American landscape, and the competition is an opportunity to both celebrate the square and to re-educate the public on interaction and engagement with public spaces. The competition is to design public interaction installations that will allow visitors to sit in the shade and engage with one another. The programmatic requirements include seating and shade, and must fit within a ten-foot by ten-foot footprint.
A handful of winners will be selected to be built and installed in the early summer of 2019. The Jury is composed of 5 prominent emerging professionals in the field of Architecture and Landscape Architecture who are making a difference and are promoting the welfare of young talent today.
- CALL FOR ENTRIES MAY 22, 2019
- REGISTRATION & SUBMISSION DEADLINES EXTENDED JULY 1, 2019
- FINALISTS REVEALED JULY 13, 2019
- DELIVERY & INSTALLATION AUGUST 17, 2019
- DE-INSTALLATION (BY AIARE) AUGUST 21, 2019