Website TLCD Architecture
Award-winning Architecture and Interior Design Firm
Project Captain with 3-5 years of experience
A Project Captain position is a good fit for designers, architects or interior designers who enjoy development of project documents and coordination of consultants. Quality project execution relies on an attitude of design and craftsmanship at every phase and in every detail. If you have a passion for managing the small stuff while engaged in the big picture, we’d love to hear from you.
WHO WE ARE – TLCD Architecture is a design firm with a fascination for the creative possibilities of architecture. While we strive for innovative design, our 50+ years of experience as a leading regional architecture firm is well grounded in the pragmatics of building. In this way our design teams find a balance that our clients appreciate.
HOW WE WORK – We value the premise that each project is unique and driven by client goals, design opportunities and unique challenges. Design teams work in a lively and interactive environment using progressive software programs and current technology. We also rely on pencil sketching, fat pen diagrams and models, which bring a hands-on quality to our process.
WHERE WE HANG OUR HAT – Our location 55 miles north of San Francisco affords us the opportunities of a regional community practice with the resources of the greater Bay Area close at hand. Sonoma County is a great place to live and work, and is our launching pad to projects and clients throughout Northern California.
ABOUT OUR BENEFITS- TLCD places emphasis on professional growth and supports learning through continuing education programs. Health, dental, vision and disability benefits are offered for full-time employees as well as a 401k plan, paid holidays, and PTO. Informal learning opportunities are combined with social time at our weekly Wine Wednesday while seasonal events provide time for folks to get to know each other better.
About the Project Captain position
A Project Captain is an individual on a license track or someone with demonstrated professional skills gained through formal training or job related experience. This position works closely with architects, designers, and principals as well as consultants, contractors, and clients to develop and deliver quality architectural design solutions and documents. Local talent is preferred for optimal learning and growth opportunities and to attend ongoing project construction site visits. TLCD has adopted a hybrid workplace model.
Specific aspects of the position include:
· Support role to the project architect and project manager
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to build an in-depth understanding of architectural building components to resolve technical and design related issues
· Strong graphic and visualization skills to effectively communicate design ideas
· Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
· Time-management skills and ability to meet deadlines while balancing responsibilities on multiple projects simultaneously
· Lead production of project deliverables
· Ability to work independently and as a part of a project teams
· Coordination of consultant and engineering documentation, including oversight of schedules
· Knowledge of building codes and ability to coordinate with public agencies and jurisdictions
· Participation in Construction Administration activities
· Development of professional growth toward licensure or certification
· Revit and Adobe Creative Suite applications experience is preferred
· Bachelor’s or a master’s in Architecture, Interior Architecture or Interior Design is required
Send resume and work samples to [email protected] and reference Project Captain in the subject line.