Website TLCD Architecture
Award-winning Architecture and Interior Design Firm
Project Architect with 7 – 10 years of experience
If you have a strong background in educational, healthcare, civic, office, retail, mixed-use/multifamily or hospitality projects and are looking to join a progressive firm located north of the Golden Gate Bridge, we would love to hear from you. Our practice is expanding and we are looking to bring in a talented Project Architect to join our award-winning design studio.
WHO WE ARE – TLCD Architecture is an architecture and interior design firm with a fascination for the creative possibilities of architecture. While we strive for innovative design, our 50+ years of experience as a leading regional architecture firm is well grounded in the pragmatics of building. In this way our design teams find a balance that our clients appreciate.
HOW WE WORK – We value the premise that each project is unique and driven by client goals, design opportunities and unique challenges. Design teams work in a lively and interactive environment using progressive software programs and current technology. We also rely on pencil sketching, fat pen diagrams and models, which bring a hands-on quality to our process.
WHERE WE HANG OUR HAT – Our location in Sonoma County wine country affords us the opportunities of a regional community practice with the resources of the greater Bay Area close at hand. Sonoma County is a great place to live and work, and is our launching pad to projects and clients throughout Northern California.
ABOUT OUR BENEFITS – TLCD places emphasis on professional growth and supports learning through continuing education programs. Health, dental, vision and disability benefits are offered for full-time employees as well as a 401k plan, paid holidays, and PTO. Informal learning opportunities are combined with social time at our weekly Wine Wednesday while seasonal events provide time for folks to get to know each other better.
About the Project Architect position
An experienced Project Architect is responsible for management, design and production of a project and will work closely with the Project Manager and Firm Principal. Client communication is a primary responsibility, as well as being the point of contact for consultants and contractors. Local talent is preferred for optimal mentorship and growth opportunities and to attend ongoing project construction site visits. TLCD has adopted a hybrid workplace model.
Specific aspects of the position include:
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills
· Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
· Leadership in programming meetings, client workshops, and presentations
· Responsible for ensuring the overall design intent is incorporated into the detailed documentation and properly executed
· Ensures that documentation conforms to the best practice, quality control and assurance standards of the office
· Responsible for coordination of consultant and engineering documentation
· Responsible for communication with public agencies and jurisdictions
· Responsible for Construction Administration activities
· Fosters and maintains a collaborative professional working environment with project design staff
· Mentors and directs the work of less experienced design staff on projects
· Thorough knowledge of Building Codes required
· Experience with specification writing is preferred
· Architecture license required, CA license preferred
· Revit experience is preferred
Send resume and work samples to [email protected] and reference Project Architect in the subject line.