Website TLCD Architecture
Award-winning Architecture and Interior Design Firm
Education Practice Leader
If you have a strong background in public education projects we would be excited to hear from you. TLCD Architecture is seeking a licensed architect or certified interior designer with experience in education (K12, Higher Education or both) design with leadership skills and an interest in business development.
WHO WE ARE – TLCD Architecture is an architecture and interior design firm with a fascination for the creative possibilities of architecture. While we strive for innovative design, our 50+ years of experience as a leading regional architecture firm is well grounded in the pragmatics of building. In this way our design teams find a balance that our clients appreciate.
HOW WE WORK – We value the premise that each project is unique and driven by client goals, design opportunities and unique challenges. Design teams work in a lively and interactive environment using progressive software programs and current technology. We also rely on pencil sketching, fat pen diagrams and models, which bring a hands-on quality to our process.
WHERE WE HANG OUR HAT – Our location in Sonoma County wine country affords us the opportunities of a regional community practice with the resources of the greater Bay Area close at hand. Sonoma County is a great place to live and work, and is our launching pad to projects and clients throughout Northern California.
ABOUT OUR BENEFITS – TLCD places emphasis on professional growth and supports learning through continuing education programs. Health, dental, vision and disability benefits are offered for full-time employees as well as a 401k plan, paid holidays, and PTO. Informal learning opportunities are combined with social time at our weekly Wine Wednesday while seasonal events provide time for folks to get to know each other better.
About the Education Practice Leader position
Our ideal candidate is someone interested in leadership opportunities to help us continue to build the firm’s legacy of award-winning educational projects. We are looking for a motivated, design-conscious individual with an interest in business development who is willing to apply their skills to further our educational practice. If you are an inspired and capable architect or interior designer with 5-10 years of educational (K12, Higher Education or both) project experience who is interested in stepping into a leadership position, we would love to hear from you. Local talent is preferred for optimal mentorship and leadership opportunities. TLCD has adopted a hybrid workplace model.
As a Practice Leader this position will include:
· Developing, managing, and maintaining key client relationships in concert with firm Principals
· Understanding all aspects of project management including budgeting, staffing & invoicing
· Participating in proposal generation and interviews for potential projects
· Managing the design effort of projects in concert with firm principals & other staff
· Mentoring and supervising staff
· Work collaboratively with our other Education Practice Leader
· Minimum of 15 years of professional experience
· Minimum of 5-10 years of experience with DSA and/or educational projects
· Bachelor’s or a master’s degree in Architecture or related field
· Architecture license or Interior Design certification required, CA Architecture license preferred
Send resume and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference Education Practice Leader in the subject line.