Website Quattrocchi Kwok Architects
We are searching for a qualified, collaborative Project Architect to join the QKA team! At QKA, we focus on work life balance and a collaborative team approach to meet client needs. In our work, we strive to Make a Difference in what we do, through dedication, sustainable designs and community involvement. We design purposeful and distinctive learning environments, and find our work to be challenging and rewarding.
Project Architect Description:
Licensed architect responsible for particular parts of a project within parameters set by others. Develops design direction on projects and supervises BIM Modeling and document production on a project.
- Work collaboratively as a team and to assist in any duties required to deliver a quality product on schedule, within the project budget and the budgeted hours provided.
- Responsible for the development and execution of the project design and leadership of the project team.
- Technical development of project including responsibility for detailing and specifications.
- Management of in-house team and direct supervision of the development of the project, both in the BIM Model and 2D documentation, to ensure overall quality and accuracy. Includes development and monitoring of project work plan.
- Detailed coordination and management of consultant work to identify and resolve conflicts and design issues.
- Primary point of contact and responsible for communication with client regarding the project in collaboration with the Project Manager/Associate.
- Responsible for compliance with all building codes, DSA (and other agency) procedures, related forms, applications and processes.
- Training and mentorship of team members
Knowledge and Experience:
- Architectural License required.
- Minimum 5 years experience in Architecture, experience with K-12 schools preferred.
- Must be proficient with BIM software and associated computer programs.
- Strong written, graphic and verbal communication skills and experience communicating with clients and consultants.
- Knowledge of building codes, standards, and experience working with governmental agencies.
- Knowledge of sustainable design, construction materials, engineering disciplines and construction techniques.
- Experience working collaboratively as part of a team.
QKA’s compensation and benefits package are robust and competitive. We offer excellent opportunity for Continuing Education and professional development. Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, EAP, life insurance and FSA, in addition to optional supplemental benefits. As an employer with an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), our employees have opportunity to have retirement security.
During this time, we are working virtually but this position will become in-person in our Santa Rosa location.