The Position: The goals of the BIM Manager position are to improve the expertise efficiency and capabilities of all members of the QKA team in using Revit and assisting with the office transition from ArchiCAD to Revit. The BIM Manager will coordinate and work in conjunction with the BIM Committee and other resources to complete these responsibilities.
Transition management and development of BIM standards
- QKA is currently using ArchiCAD software but has decided to switch to Revit. The BIM Manager will be a crucial part of the team guiding the transition and developing Revit standards for QKA. QKA is looking for an experienced and forward-looking
leader to help shape the future of the firm.
- Collaborate with an outside consultant to develop Revit templates, BIM standards,
guidelines, and custom tools used by QKA production teams for BIM and related project workflows and deliverables.
- Work closely with the beta test project team and Director of Practice to develop standards specific to the firm’s workflow.
- Cultivate a positive optimistic outlook regarding change and the use of BIM software.
Knowledge and Experience
- Completion of a professional degree in architecture or a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 8 plus years’ experience in architecture or related field. Demonstrated professional experience in applying and developing digital tools and processes to architectural project work, including experience in authoring a variety of building projects at large and small scales in Revit.
- Demonstrated expertise and/or certification in Revit and Autodesk Construction Cloud (ACC).
- Familiarity with ArchiCAD would be helpful but not required.
- Experience evaluating additional software (SketchUp, Grasshopper, Rhino Lifecycle Cost Analysis tools, etc.) and integrating them into efficient Revit workflow.
- Expert ability to prepare, document, present technical concepts and information clearly and succinctly. Demonstrated ability to create engaging visual communication.
- Demonstrated knowledge of architectural design and documentation at all project phases.
- Self-motivated to explore capabilities and features of the software and identify ways in which they may benefit QKA workflow.
- Good organizational skills to manage complex information and balance multiple tasks.
- Excellent communication and teaching skills to work with and teach employees at different experience levels collaboratively and constructively.
Compensation & Benefits
- The salary range for this position is $90(k) to $110(k). Compensation for this role is based on experience, job-related knowledge/education, qualifications, and work location (Oakland or Santa Rosa). Full remote work is not available for this role.
- Position status: Full-time, salaried exempt, and reports to the Director of Practice.
- Health and welfare: We offer competitive compensation and a benefits package that includes employer-paid options for medical, dental, and vision. Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), and Flexible Spending Account (FSA).
- Work/Life Balance: We offer the flexibility of a hybrid work environment, with an established 24-hour in-office per week requirement. Paid time off (PTO), paid family
leave, and access to employee-sponsored 401(k).
- Professional Development: Reimbursement for Architect Registration Examination (ARE) and job-specific continued education are available. We promote and celebrate diversity, inclusion, and wellness by proactively working to advance our culture and work environment where everyone can feel inspired,
motivated, and engaged.
For a complete job description email: [email protected]