Nonprofit Design Organization
Dedicated to design and problem-solving.
Are you a curious problem solver? Do you love to learn continuously? Do you take your play as seriously as you take your work? Are you interested in being part of a team that believes in making a more beautiful and sustainable world?
We are a new Bay Area nonprofit organization dedicated to design. We are seeking a Project Manager to ensure success across various construction, landscape, and infrastructure projects. As a member of our team, you’ll be challenged to take on work that advances design with purpose. You’ll also work with a fun and curious group of makers and builders. Your day-to-day may include coordinating permits, overseeing contractors, and herding sheep (figuratively, as in managing many moving parts and literally, hanging out with sheep on our property). If this sounds interesting to you, read on…
The Project Manager will be responsible for on-site, day-to-day management of various construction projects on our property, ranging from a new ground-up house to landscape and infrastructure improvements. This role will coordinate between our head of planning, contractors, our external design team, and other supporting partners to track permits, budgets, and schedules.
As the Project Manager, you will:
Communications & Coordination
- Serve as the primary point of contact representing the organization and managing the flow of information. You will be the nexus of communication and a key player in conveying information to guide internal decision-making.
- Manage complex phased construction, including coordinating the workflow of various consultants, architects, landscape architects, engineers, specialty designers and experts.
- Be the trusted representative on the site, knowing what’s happening on a daily basis and ensuring quality control regarding cost and deliverables.
- Oversee design and construction schedules and dissemination of milestones, guiding course correction where necessary.
- Create and track sustainability goals and targets, such as water and energy use, ensuring that the design goals for sustainability are achieved.
Administration and System Building
- Oversee construction and anticipate and solve problems as they arise in collaboration with the Chief Planning Officer, General Contractor and Design team.
- Coordinate and track permits with relevant county and state departments and agencies, as well as implement permitting requirements and conditions.
- Write scopes of work and solicit competitive bids for services and construction.
- Build and maintain systems to track costs, approvals, documentation, and monitoring requirements.
- Manage contractor proposals, invoices, and payments, ensuring the billing process is accurate with estimates and work completed.
Who you might be:
You may have…
- Seven (7) years of experience managing complex building projects.
- Extensive experience with acquiring permits, particularly within Marin and Sonoma counties.
- Five (5) years experience serving as an Owner’s Representative or Project Manager for an architecture, landscape architecture, engineering, construction firm or capital projects department.
- Relevant experience with mid-size properties and facilities.
You are someone who…
- Brings empathy and enthusiasm to your work.
- Practices clear and consistent communication,
- Is detail-oriented and makes decisions based on clear analysis of the data.
- Fosters collaborative teamwork and enjoys working with others.
- Values integrity, honesty, and transparency.
- Efficiently manages budgets, schedules, and meeting minutes.
As will be announced shortly, we are a new nonprofit, currently headquartered in the North Bay, with additional Bay Area locations under development. Since we are not yet public, this is a two-step application process. After your applications is received, if it seems you are a possible fit, we will email you a non-disclosure agreement (NDA) to sign and return. Then, we’ll provide further details on our organization and setup an interview.
To apply for this job please visit grnh.se.