Website Ian Birchall + Associates
IB+A is a diverse, 10-person award-winning design firm located in San Francisco with a satellite office in Sea Ranch. Committed to the growth of our team, we provide rewarding opportunities for staff that encompass the many roles of the profession. As a studio-based environment, collaboration and dedication are key components to our success. Our commitment to our clients is reflected in their reciprocity – all of our work comes from repeat clients or referrals. This work is illustrated in the contextually responsive architecture and engaging spaces born of curiosity, innovation, and passion.
IB+A is actively engaged in many projects in San Francisco, Napa, Burlingame, and other Bay Area locales. IB+A’s portfolio includes multifamily infill housing, senior housing, new construction single family homes, mixed-use, brewery and restaurant projects.
We have a position open for a Senior Designer with 7-10+ years of progressive and demonstrable experience. Candidates ideally have experience in multifamily housing design, mixed use mid-rise buildings and luxury custom residential. Additional desirable experience would include urban planning, commercial core and shell, and tenant improvements.
IB+A offers a competitive salary together with benefits and growth opportunities for motivated architects wishing to advance their careers while leading significant design projects within the San Francisco Bay Area. With illustrated success in this role within the firm, this position will lead to future promotion and potential partnership opportunities.
Our office is located on the 9th floor of a historic building in downtown San Francisco near Union Square. The office is convenient to transit, restaurants, and shopping.
Compensation package and benefits include:
· Paid Vacation and Holidays
· Medical, Dental, and Chiropractic Insurance
· 401k including employer contributions
· Performance-based bonuses
· Profit sharing
· Continuing education opportunities, ARE support and reimbursements
· Sea Ranch retreat
· Flex schedule work week with half-day Fridays
· Excellent project management skills including meeting timeline, budget and quality expectations
· Excellent design skills including conceptual design, design development and presentations.
· Strong detailing skills and a comprehensive knowledge of construction
· Ability and experience in taking a project from concept through CA
· Excellent skills in analytics, organization, record-keeping and writing
· Strong public and personal communications skills
· Experienced in leading team environments and can manage and mentor junior staff
· Ability to effectively manage sub-consultants’ work and contracts
· Proficiency in AutoCAD and/or Revit, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketchup, and MS Office
· A disposition and manner that contributes positively to the firm’s work environment
· Professional Architecture Degree (Bachelor or Master of Architecture from accredited school in the U.S.A.)
· CA Licensed Architect, or exhibited significant progress towards licensure
· Working knowledge of the California Building Codes and ADA requirements
· Knowledge of LEED and Green Point Rating systems
· Knowledge of San Francisco Planning Code and the entitlement process
How to Apply
Please send your CV and examples of your work (8 pages or less) to email@example.com. Please send PDF format files only. No phone calls, please.