Website Dreyfuss + Blackford Architecture
Responsible for creative and technical aspects of interior design including planning, programming, development of designs, presentation materials, construction documents, and construction administration services. This position requires an understanding of interior design as it relates to workplace standards, building interiors construction and related building codes, design for accessibility, finish specifications, furnishings, and interiors as they relate to architecture.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Works with minimal direction exercising discretion and judgment, and collaboratively with internal team members and consultants to create complete, coordinated and cohesive work products.
- Supports individual interiors projects or may support multi-disciplinary projects.
- Performs some, or all, of the following services: Documentation of existing conditions, space planning, lighting layouts, furniture system selection and planning, design and construction plans/details/specifications, material and color selection, assembly of material and sample presentations, permitting, and construction administration support.
- Works simultaneously on multiple projects at various stages of completion.
- Coordinates work and interacts with technical team members from related building disciplines.
- Produces detailed interior design documents for integration with other disciplines into unified packages. Provides support and coordination of integration of interiors for overall architectural efforts.
- Prepares designs, plans, presentation quality renderings, documentation, and communications using computer assisted design/modeling software and standard business software.
- Supervises small teams of 2 or more employees and interns involved in projects.
Minimum Qualifications and Characteristics:
- Bachelor’s Degree (minimum) in Interior Design or Architecture or equivalent experience in the field of interior design.
- 3+ years’ experience in the interiors design field; with an active pursuit of certification as an interior designer.
- Ability to communicate effectively both in written format and oral formats.
- Possess an intermediate understanding of interior materials, finishes and furnishing systems with an ability to maintain project efficiencies and meet deadlines.
- Proficiency with computer aided drafting/modeling software and, desktop publishing software and other standard business software used in the firm.
- Ability to multi-task, establish priorities and maintain organization in a changing environment.
- Exhibits initiative, responsibility, flexibility, time management, and team-building skills.
Send an email to us with the position’s title in the subject line, and attach your resume in Adobe PDF format.