Website Ana Williamson Architect
Ana Williamson Architect is an award-winning architecture firm b
Ana Williamson Architect is an award-winning architecture firm based in Menlo Park specializing primarily in custom residential design. We are looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated project manager to join our small studio of 9 and growing. The best fit is someone whose outlook is one with a zest for life. A creative, resourceful individual who is eager to take on new challenges and take on management responsibilities will thrive in the position. We have several exciting projects in the works and the selected candidate will likely dedicate most of their time to manage 3-5 projects with direct contact with clients, consultants and contractors.
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Management of custom residential projects including collaborating with project team on design and acting as the lead on project communications with clients, contractors and consultants
- Collaborate on design direction for projects
- Quality assurance for all project deliverables
- Development of project schedules and budgets, managing deadlines for the internal team and consultants
- Management of AWA staff in the production of as-builts, presentation drawings, plans, 3-D models (sketch-up or BIM models and physical models), schematic plans and permit/construction drawings
- Assist principal in marketing and promotional strategies including client interviews and development of proposals
- Oversee staffing and coordinate with other project managers to ensure that team meets deadlines and schedule.
- Mentor junior team members
Candidate should be a highly motivated and talented project manager with strong design sensibilities, excellent communication and collaboration skills. Other qualifications include:
- Professional Architectural degree
- 7-10 years of experience in an architecture office, including a minimum of 3 years working on residential projects
- Licensed architect in CA or in process of licensure
- Interest in modern design and background that includes creative design experience at all project phases, technical research and detailing
- Technical knowledge of Type V construction
- Strategic planner with knowledge of codes and local processes
- Ability to navigate a project through planning and permitting
- Strong oral, written and graphic skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to help other prioritize
- Proficiency in ArchiCad preferred
- Knowledge of presentation graphics software such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Able to communicate ideas through sketches
Compensation is commensurate with experience and offers a benefit package with paid time off, health insurance coverage, 401K plan, ARE and LEED AP exam coverage, and continuing education.
Qualified candidates should forward a resume, short portfolio (under 5mb, please), and cover letter that outlines relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not call or contact Ana Williamson Architect directly.