Website Ana Williamson Architect
Ana Williamson Architect
Ana Williamson Architect is an award-winning architecture firm based in Menlo Park specializing primarily in custom residential design. We are looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated designer to join our small studio – best fit is someone who revels in a zest for life. A creative, resourceful individual who is eager to take on new challenges and learn new skills will thrive in the position. We have several exciting projects in the works and the selected candidate will likely dedicate most of their time to work on 3-5 projects while assisting selectively on other projects as deadlines demand.
• Work closely with the Principal and staff to help support residential remodels and new construction
• Take initiative and maintain oversight on tasks as they are assigned and coordinate well with other team members so as to meet deadlines
• Production of as-builts, presentation drawings and permit/construction drawings
• Production of 3D materials, including rendered ArchiCAD models and physical models
• Production of client presentations with Photoshop and InDesign
• Assist with project correspondence, including coordination with consultants and clients
• Assist with research of codes, materials, and new construction methods
• Assist with marketing and promotional materials.
• Professional Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Architecture required
• Requires at least 1 year of experience in an architecture office
• Excellent design and communication skills
• Experience with ArchiCAD is preferred
• Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Photoshop or Illustrator as well as InDesign
• Hand sketching and physical model-making abilities
• Dog lover! We have an office dog, sometimes a few dogs.
Terms of employment:
• Full Time – approximately 40 hours a week.
• Candidates must be located in close proximity to Menlo Park or be willing to relocate to the Palo Alto/Menlo Park area.
• Further terms will be spelled out in contract to be signed upon commencing employment, and will include a competitive benefits package with health insurance, 401k and continuing education funds.
Qualified candidates should forward a resume, short portfolio (under 5mb, please), and cover letter that outlines relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. For any candidate presently located outside the Bay Area, please outline your plans and timeline for relocation in your cover letter. Please do not call or contact Ana Williamson Architect directly.