Position: Architectural Designer
Alden Signer Architecture (ASA) is a Sonoma based architecture firm specializing in high-end residential architecture. We are a full-service practice providing our clients with personalized and distinctive homes. Our mission is to create exceptional designs through team collaboration and thoughtful detailing overlaid with strong project management.
ASA is seeking a Designer with at least 4-6 years of architectural experience, of which 2 or more years are in high-end residential architecture, preferably in the Bay Area. We are looking for an experienced individual ready to contribute to our project designs and documentation. Candidates should enjoy participating in a collaborative work environment and exhibit both creative and technical skills gained from experience with many phases of design and construction. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a small office environment with direct mentorship from the Principals and an opportunity to grow and contribute to the design process. This is a full-time position working from our office in popular, downtown Sonoma with the possibility to work hybrid, part-time remote, after an introductory tenure.
- Creation and management of construction drawings in AutoCAD
- Development and documentation of technical details
- Production of presentation drawings, renderings and 3D models
- Coordination with engineering and design consultants
- Communication with various jurisdictions to obtain entitlements and building permits
- BArch or MArch degree from an accredited program
- Licensed architect or on licensure track in California
- At least 4-6 years of architectural experience, with 2 or more years in high-end residential architecture
Desired Skills and Experience
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Sketchup and Adobe CS (Photoshop, InDesign)
- Competency in the creation of presentation drawings
- Experience in all phases of design and construction
- Practice in using and applying the California Building Code
- Strong collaboration and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal, written and graphic communication skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Creative and technical mindset
- Self-motivation with the ability to work independently within a collaborative environment
Benefits and Compensation
Option for a hybrid workplace environment after completion of an introductory period
Compensation is commensurate with education, professional experience, and demonstrated skills
ASA Salary and Benefits Package:
- Salary range: $90K – $105K per year
- 10 paid holidays per year
- 15 paid vacation days per year
- 48 hours paid accrued sick leave per year
- 50% paid health insurance HSA plan with Kaiser and opportunity to buy up to other plans
- 401(k) retirement plan with 3% matching
Please email a personalized statement of interest (cover letter), your resume, and samples of design and construction document work (10mb maximum in PDF format) to [email protected]. Qualified resumes with cover letter will receive notification of receipt.
Applicants must reside in the broader San Francisco Bay Area and already have permits to work in the United States.