Website ZFA Structural Engineers
Structural Engineering firm with 44 years of design experience!
ZFA STRUCTURAL ENGINEERS (ZFA) is a 70+person firm with five offices in Northern California seeking an experienced Drafter and BIM Technician for our Santa Rosa Office located in the Wine Country of the North Bay. The firm specializes in superior structural engineering design and client relations, and prides itself on a wide breadth of design experience spanning the 44 + year life of the company, including: high-end residential, multi-residential, commercial, wineries, health care, public, educational, correctional, solar, and seismic evaluations and retrofits. ZFA offers dynamic and challenging work environments, excellent employee benefits, progressive design philosophy.
ZFA is currently looking for a Building Information Modeling (BIM) Technician/Drafter with 3-5 years’ experience. Candidates must have working experience with Revit and AutoCAD developing structural or architectural construction documents. Additional experience w/ PDF software preferably Bluebeam is important. Other trade construction document experience will be considered. Field construction is an additive experience.
Create accurate, logically assembled BIM models, structural plans, and details per ZFA standards. Technician is to focus on the following responsibilities included, but not limited to, those shown below.
• Work with Engineering Staff and Senior BIM Technician or BIM Project Manager to produce a BIM model that follows ZFA’s and the project’s Level of Development. The model, drawings, and details shall be clear, complete, concise and correct, and consistent with ZFA Standards
• Work with client’s Revit or IFC models / CADD files to create backgrounds to be used in the ZFA project file
• Layout plans and details to scale, checking plans, and details for fit and/or interference
• Incorporate Engineer’s redlines and modifications
• Adjust standard details as required to match project specific conditions
• Review own work and that of peers to assure accuracy and completeness as well as provide input for continual improvement of ZFA drawing presentation firm-wide
• Notify Project Engineer of any conflicts in structural work as well as between structural and other Design Team models and drawings
• Work and collaborate internally to meet project due dates
ZFA’s Santa Rosa office offers a unique experience for the drafting professional with exposure to high quality projects of all types and technical fulfillment. The interaction of staff across multiple offices including San Francisco, Sacramento, Silicon Valley, and Napa provides opportunities for growth and communication at a high level. Moreover, the Santa Rosa office emphasizes culture of teamwork and support along with afterhours fun celebrating the area we live. We want you to join us, integrate your specific talents, and together improve the work products into the next generation of construction design deliverables.
ZFA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Employment Type: Full-Time