Website SOLV Architecture Studios
Specialized Solutions For Quality Building
STATUS: Hourly, Non-Exempt or Salaried, Exempt
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: Mid-level design position performs architectural design and assists with Chief Architect on various residential and commercial projects.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Reports directly to the Chief Architect.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: Supervises Architectural Drafter/Designer. Has authority to perform complex design duties under the direction of the Chief Architect. May not change the scope of work or deviate from any other part of the contractual document without Chief Architect approval.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Work may require prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports. Requires lifting up to 35 pounds on occasion.
TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is generally performed in the office environment and out of the office at project locations. Involves frequent contact with staff, clients and the public. Work may be stressful at times.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES: (This list may not include all of the duties assigned.)
1. Generate architectural design concepts.
2. Generate and manage development of architectural design drawings.
3. Generate architectural presentation documents.
4. Generate reports of diagnostic findings.
5. Generate and coordinate all architectural and buildings systems, details, drawings and specifications.
6. Site and field work including site investigation, existing facility inventory and field measured documentation.
7. Utilizes knowledge of applicable building and zoning code standards, and incorporates relevant requirements into the project design. Work with code officials and other design professionals when an interpretation or exception to building codes is required.
8. Applies understanding of current materials and methods, along with good judgment, to solve design problems, but is expected to ask for assistance when needed.
9. Develops architectural documentation to the level appropriate to the current phase of the project.
10. Check progress of work and alert Chief Architect to changes of scope or additional services.
11. Assists in maintaining project files in a timely manner.
12. Promote use of and participate in development of company design and production standards.
13. Maintain neat and organized work area which allows efficient access to project information required by other team members.
14. Keeps Chief Architect aware of work load and anticipate when work is needed.
15. Represent the firm in a professional manner.
16. All other duties as apparent or assigned.
Experienced in all phases of an architectural projects.
Knowledgeable of current and previous California Building Codes.
Ability to interpret a building program and generate varied design concepts.
Ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
Must be proficient in the use of computer for design and operations.
Mandatory Proficiency: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Revit 2020, Bluebeam, and Windows operating system.
Ability to research and remain current on the latest construction materials and methods through review of periodicals and continuing education.
Encouraged to participate in technical and professional societies.
Fifth year college degree (Bachelor of Architecture, BArch) or university program certificate; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Minimum 10-years’ experience in the field of Architecture.
Registered Architect (preferred).
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $35.00 – $50.00 per hour
We have comprehensive COVID-19 policies in place to maintain cleanliness and social distancing.