Website WIX Architecture
Established Santa Rosa architectural firm is seeking an organized, dependable, sharp, detail orientated Job Captain/ CAD Technician/Project Manager with the ability to work at a fast-pace while able to maintain a positive attitude and a sense of humor. This candidate should be able to multi-task, self-monitor for quality control, and adapt to company procedures and standards. They should also be confident in delegating, monitoring and teaching junior CAD technicians during the team effort to complete architectural design and production drawings.
Applicants for this full position are required to have:
• Proficiency in AutoCAD Architecture and Revit 2018 or recent version:
o Architectural drafting, layer management, sheet set-up and plotting
o Render Schematic 3d elevations in Revit for presentations and design options
• Well rounded skills in MS Word, Outlook and Excel, current edition of CBC, and basic I.T.
• A minimum of 3-5 years’ work experience in architectural office or equivalent
• Ability to create an architectural plan / construction documents with minimal input from schematic design:
o Knowledge of building components, and construction methods
o Knowledge and understanding of CBC and how to research compliance with building codes
o Ability to explore design options and implement design concepts
• Familiarity of AIA standards, Green Building and ADA
• Ability to effectively lead junior staff in completion of project phases
• Good written and verbal communication skills with consultants and clients
Preferable skills include:
• B.A. in Architecture or technical school graduate
• Understanding of project schedules and time management
• Website management and development
• Modeling experience in 3d Studio and editing capabilities in Photoshop
• Experience as Job Captain on commercial and/or residential projects
This position entails responsibility of modeling & detailing of building components, development of construction documents, and assistance in project management and administration.
To apply for this position e-mail a copy of your cover letter, resume, and a sample of your work in PDF format. Evidence of proficiency will be reviewed. Those interviewed will be asked to demonstrate AutoCAD and REVIT skills.
Contact e-mail is firstname.lastname@example.org