Website William Duff Architects
WDA is seeking a talented and dedicated PROJECT MANAGER with 7+ years of experience, excellent design and communication skills and considerable Revit expertise to manage residential projects in our office.
Want to join a great team at a fun, dynamic, growing office? A new position is now available at William Duff Architects, Inc.
We are an award-winning San Francisco architecture firm specializing in residential, retail and commercial projects. Our work is known for its elegant simplicity both in plan and detail, and for its sophisticated use of light, materials and space to create modern architecture filled with warmth that lives well. We are also known for our industry-leading sustainable design practice.
Job Title: Project Manager – Residential
Reports to: Practice Manager
Manages: Job Captain, Designer
Summary of Position: The Project Manager is responsible for running multiple small to mid-sized projects with minimal supervision. Responsible for planning, interpreting, organizing, scheduling, and managing projects through all phases of development. Establishes and monitors budgets, manages project team, and prepares schedules to ensure efficient use of resources. Under direction of Practice Manager and Principal manages all phases of projects. Is responsible for establishing new and maintaining existing client relationships and directing/monitoring all project activities. The project manager must demonstrate experience in all phases of architectural services, including substantial experience in project management. The project manager must demonstrate professionalism. The project manager will mentor and pass knowledge to others and support a continuous learning environment. Team building and motivation are also key responsibilities.
- Management of multiple active projects in various stages of development.
- Works with Practice Manager to set-up project and establish project goals.
- Prepares work plan for each project.
- Develops project design with Practice Manager and Principal.
- Ensures that project conforms to contractual agreement with client.
- Coordinates work with internal team members and consultants.
- Manages document production. Produces drawings as needed, directs Job Captains and Designers in production of drawings and manages the production of deliverables including but not limited to, reviewing and redlining of drawings, development of drawings in accordance with WDA’s Computer-Aided Design (CAD) and Building Information Modelling (BIM) standards, and presents graphics clearly and researches design information.
- Effectively manages project budget to ensure profitability.
- Effectively manages project schedule to ensure completion within allocated period of time.
- Effectively manages the permitting and agency approvals process to ensure a successful project.
- Maintains well-organized project digital and physical files in accordance with office filing standards.
- Maintains ongoing, positive, and productive client relationships.
- Ensures that project needs are satisfied by effectively managing project staff and resources.
- Effectively and proactively coaches, mentors, and provides performance-enhancing feedback to junior team members.
- Implements processes to reduce risks and exposure in all phases of the project.
- Directs activities related to construction observation, including scheduling, review of shop drawings, field observations, review of change orders, and pay requests.
- Ensures that construction observation activities emphasize efficiency, quality assurance, and code compliance.
- Review project progress, budget, schedule and staffing regularly with Practice Manager.
- Reviews invoices and expenses.
- Has close rapport with Practice Manager and communicates discrepancies, issues, questions and concerns in a timely manner.
- Prepares design sketches/concepts under direction of Practice Manager for review by team or client.
- Involvement in business development and marketing of the firm at relevant firm marketing events.
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree (B.S or B.A.) in Architecture. Seven or more years of experience working in an architecture office with three years in the designing and managing of high-end residential projects.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Architecture license in California preferred. LEED AP certification encouraged.
Other Job Requirements:
- Experience with residential design, detailing and construction.
- Proven ability to effectively manage, motivate and lead a project team.
- Ability to understand project goals and meet performance expectations.
- Ability to navigate stressful, dynamic or ambiguous situations, schedules and project demands.
- Ability to plan ahead and anticipate and avoid potential problems, control outcomes and devise creative solutions to achieve project goals.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow through on tasks.
- Ability to work efficiently; consistent with project scope, budget, schedule and project goals.
- Strong design ability as representative in sketches, renderings or other means.
- Proficiency and minimum 2 years working in Revit.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, MS Office (Work, PowerPoint, Excel, Microsoft Project and Outlook) and Adobe Creative Suite (Acrobat, Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop).
- Strong writing, editing, organizational and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of construction means and methods and architectural detailing.
- Knowledge of green building technologies, products and net-zero design strategies.
We offer competitive salaries and full benefits (health, dental, vision, life insurance, paid vacation, 401K, profit sharing, etc.) in a relaxed but focused and professional work environment. AA/EO
Please e-mail your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org