Website William Duff Architects
WDA is seeking a talented and dedicated JOB CAPTAIN with 3-5 years of experience, excellent design and communication skills and considerable Revit expertise to work on a variety of project types in our office.
Want to join a great team at a dynamic, growing office? A new position is now available at William Duff Architects, Inc.
William Duff Architects, Inc. creates innovative architecture that is responsible, sustainable and passionately delivered through great project management. Since 1998, we have specialized in retail, residential, and commercial projects throughout California and the western U.S. We manage the building process from schematic design to the completion of construction. Long-term professional relationships with our clients, consultants and contractors make it possible for us to achieve high quality design on schedule and on budget. Diverse interests and experiences enrich the collaboration in our studio, providing a proactive learning environment for professional development. Individual designers draw on backgrounds in architecture, fine art, graphic design, sustainable design, and construction management to provide our clients with a full range of design services.
Job Title: Job Captain
Practice: Residential, Retail & Commercial
Reports to: Project Manager, Practice Manager
Summary of Position: The Job Captain is responsible for the production and coordination of project files, drawing sets, design visualizations and other graphic materials as directed by a Project Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages document production. Produces drawings, directs Designers and manages the production of deliverables including but not limited to, following redline intent, develops drawings in accordance with WDA’s Computer-Aided Design (CAD) and Building Information Modelling (BIM) standards, presents graphics clearly and researches design information.
- Drawings provided to Project Manager are free of errors and properly coordinated for redlining.
- Accurately accesses staffing levels required for production work load.
- Coordinates work with internal team members and consultants.
- Coordination of multiple active projects in various stages of development.
- Has close rapport with Project Manager and communicates discrepancies, issues, and questions with team members in a timely manner.
- Review project work regularly with Project Manager or Practice Manager.
- Consults with Project Manager to evaluate individual project needs and communicates project needs to Designer.
- Maintains well-organized project digital and physical files in accordance with office filing standards.
- Model making (physical or digital). Creates accurate models and correctly represents design drawings into model form.
- Prepares illustrations or rough sketches of material according to instructions of Project Manager or Practice Manager.
- Performs and manages Code and product research under direction of Project Manager or Practice Manager.
- Attends site visits and performs Construction Observation activities (RFI responses, submittal review, field reports, etc) under direction of Project Manager.
- Obtains cost estimates from outside vendors as needed.
- Presents samples to Project Manager or Practice Manager for selection and approval.
- Takes notes and prepares meeting minutes.
- Manages and mentors junior staff.
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Architecture from a four-year college, university or equivalent. Minimum 3-5 years of paid working experience in an architecture office.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Active Intern Development Program (IDP) participation on path to licensure required. Licensure encouraged. LEED AP certification encouraged.
Other Job Requirements:
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Ability to understand project goals and meet performance expectations.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow through on tasks.
- Ability to work efficiently; consistent with project scope, budget, schedule and project goals.
- Ability to plan ahead and anticipate and avoid potential problems, control outcomes and devise creative solutions to achieve project goals.
- Strong design ability as representative in sketches, renderings or other means.
- Highly proficient in Revit, with experience in producing visualizations preferred.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, MS Office (Work, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook) and Adobe Creative Suite (Acrobat, Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop).
- Strong writing, editing, organizational and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of construction means and methods and architectural detailing.
- Knowledge of green building technologies, products and net-zero design strategies.
We offer competitive salaries and full benefits (health, dental, life insurance, paid vacation, 401k, profit sharing, etc.) in a relaxed but focused and professional environment. WDA pays close attention to individual strengths and is committed to continually fostering growth opportunities for our staff. AA/EOE
If interested, please email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com