Website William Duff Architects
William Duff Architects is seeking a talented and dedicated Designer with 1+ year of paid working experience in an architecture office.
William Duff Architects, Inc. creates innovative architecture that is responsible, sustainable and passionately delivered through great project management. Since 1998, we have specialized in retail, residential, and commercial projects throughout California and the western U.S. We manage the building process from schematic design to the completion of construction. Long-term professional relationships with our clients, consultants and contractors make it possible for us to achieve high quality design on schedule and on budget. Diverse interests and experiences enrich the collaboration in our studio, providing a proactive learning environment for professional development. Individual designers draw on backgrounds in architecture, fine art, graphic design, sustainable design, and construction management to provide our clients with a full range of design services.
Practice Areas: Residential, Retail & Commercial
Reports to: Job Captain, Project Manager
Summary of Position: The designer is responsible for assisting the project team in the design and development of multiple projects, producing design presentation material, and assisting in the production and documentation of construction documents by providing drafting, modeling and project support. The Designer performs specific/limited portions of assignments using prescribed WDA office standards and methods under the direction of a Job Captain or Project Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Project production and drafting work. Produces drawings and other deliverables including but not limited to, following redline intent, develops drawings in accordance with WDA’s Computer-Aided Design (CAD) and Building Information Modelling (BIM) standards, presents graphics clearly and researches design information.
- Prepares presentation graphics.
- Model making (physical or digital). Creates accurate models and correctly represents design drawings into model form.
- Review project work regularly with Job Captain or Project Manager.
- Communicates discrepancies, issues, and questions to Job Captain or Project Manager in a timely manner.
- Assists in maintaining well-organized project digital and physical files in accordance with office filing standards.
- Consults with Job Captain or Project Manager to evaluate individual project needs.
- Assists Job Captain or Project Manager in coordination with consultants.
- Prepares illustrations or rough sketches of material under direction of Job Captain or Project Manager.
- Performs Code and product research under direction of Job Captain or Project Manager.
- Obtains cost estimates from outside vendors as needed.
- Presents samples to Job Captain or Project Manager for selection and approval.
- Makes prints of work for review by supervisor or client.
- Takes notes and prepares meeting minutes.
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Architecture from a four-year college, university or equivalent; or five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Minimum 1 year of paid working experience in an architecture office.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Active Intern Development Program (IDP) participation on path to licensure required. LEED AP certification encouraged.
Other Job Requirements:
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Ability to understand project goals and meet performance expectations.
- Ability to work efficiently; consistent with project scope, budget, schedule and project goals.
- Strong design ability as representative in sketches, renderings or other means.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow through on tasks.
- Highly proficient in Revit, with experience in producing visualizations preferred.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, MS Office (Work, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook) and Adobe Creative Suite (Acrobat, Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop).
- Strong writing, editing, organizational and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in the architectural/engineering industry.
We offer competitive salaries and full benefits (health, dental, life insurance, paid vacation, 401k, profit sharing, etc.) in a relaxed but focused and professional environment. WDA pays close attention to individual strengths and is committed to continually fostering growth opportunities for our staff. AA/EOE
If interested, please email resume to: email@example.com. No phone calls please.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org